Dental implants for Katie Price?
Seeing as its a Monday, we thought we’d take a look at one the lighter stories in dental news today. Katie Price is not happy with her teeth, which begs the question…. why not get dental implants? Price is no stranger to implants albeit a little below her mouth, so we are taking a look to see if she would have been better off going for teeth implants than breast implants at the tender age of 18.
So its true, Katie Price has admitted that she wishes she still had her own natural teeth, when asked what one thing she would change about herself if given the chance… Katie has had veneers since she fell off her brothers skateboard as a child.
In case you’re unfamiliar with Katie, she came to fame as a page 3 model with the Sun under the moniker Jordan. She went on to be a successful lads mag glamour model. She has been a reality tv regular for many years now and has been involved in a string of high profile dalliances. Lately she has turned her hand to writing, well other people do the writing and she puts her name to it. In fairness she has been very successful and she couldn’t have done it all without her surgically enhanced chest.
All this time when Katie was getting her chest surgically enhanced, should have been getting implants in her mouth? Here are some of the reasons why Katie would have been better off getting dental implants instead of veneers all those years ago:
- Dental Implants won’t explode under water – In 2010, Price was advised against learning to dive as her surgically enhanced breasts might explode.
- Your dental implants won’t ever be too big - In 2007 Price downsized from a size 32FF to a 32D.
- Your dental implants are unlikely to be voted the worst in Britain.
- Dental Implants are cheap compared to breast augmentation, particularly these days with companies like Affordable Dental Implants
As always we provide a balanced view here, so in defence of her breast augmentation:
- It’s unlikely her dental implants would have sold for $2m.
- Newsnight discussing the dangers of dental implants would never have been as interesting.
- It is unlikely dental implants will act as a springboard for a career as a glamour model.
All things considered, whilst dental implants are a more practical solution, it is highly unlikely that Katie would have got to where she is today if she had opted to have dental implants instead of breast as a young 18 year old.